Craps is often referred to as a game of dice; the name comes from the fact that the game uses two six-sided dice on which dots from one to six are marked. However, the statement that Craps is a game of dice would be incorrect, since dice are used in many other games.
Dice and the rules of throwing
The dice are manufactured from cellulose and are carefully tested after a certain round. Within eight hours, the dice are changed to new ones. Also, the dice must be thrown according to the rules, or you may be disqualified from acting as a shooter. The dice can only be thrown with one hand and they must hit the edge of the table at the other end. If the dice hit the edge of the table, a casino employee must check them and he has the right to enter a new set. There can have only one shot in each round. If you lose, the dice are turned over to the next player on the left.
Betting on the dice
Now about the actual process of playing craps by way of examples of possible bets:
- Pass Line – There is a Pass Line bet in the roll phase. It wins if a 7 or 11 rolls, loses 2, 3 or 12 and continues to play if a point is determined. In this case, she wins if the point rolls to 7 (that is, if the roll is won by the shooter). It pays 1:1.
- Don’t Pass Line – This bet is the exact reverse of the Pass Line bet. It is also made in the roll phase. This bet, won by 2 and 3, returns to the player with a score of 12, loses with a score of 7 or 11 and stays in play if a point is set. It then wins if the player gets 7 points before the number of points (that is, if the kicker loses). It pays 1:1.
- Forward – This bet is made anytime in the game on the next number of points the shooter hits. It wins if the following shooter’s point total is 7 or 11, loses by 2, 3 or 12. Any other number is determined as Come Point and the bet moves to the correct field, then wins if the Come Point number rolls to 7. It plays until the end and cannot be deleted or changed. It pays 1:1.
- No Come – This bet is made after the number of points has been determined. It wins on a draw of 2 or 3, loses on a draw of 7 or 11, and is returned to the player on a draw of 12. If any other number is drawn, the bet is defined as a “Do Not Come” and transferred to the appropriate field, then wins on a 7 draw to “Do Not Come”. It pays 1:1.
- Pass Line Odds is an optional bet that can be made to raise an existing Pass Line bet after a point is determined. Wins in the same cases as a Pass Line Odds bet. Pays as follows: at 4 or 10, 2:1; at 5 or 9, 3:2; at 6 or 8, 6:5.
- Don’t Pass Line Bet – An optional bet that can be made to raise an existing Don’t Pass Line bet after the point number is set. Wins in the same situations as a Don’t Pass Line bet. It pays as follows: at 4 or 10, 1:2; at 5 or 9, 2:3; at 6 or 8, 5:6.
- The Come Odds bet is an optional bet that can be made to increase an existing Come bet (usually by no more than three factors) after the score is determined. Wins in the same cases as the Come bet. Pays as follows: at 4 or 10, 2:1; at 5 or 9, 3:2; at 6 or 8, 6:5.
- Don’t Come Odds is an additional bet that can be made to raise an existing Don’t Come bet after the score is determined. Wins in the same cases as a Don’t Come bet. Bet 4 or 10, 2:1; 5 or 9, 2:3; 6 or 8, 5:6.
- A win is a win bet on any number that must come before 7 to win. It pays at 4 or 10, 9:5; at 5 or 9, 7:5; at 6 or 8, 7:6.
- A loss is a bet on a specific number that must not fall to 7 to win. It pays 4 or 10 to 5:11; 5 or 9 to 5:8; 6 or 8 to 4:5.
- Hard Way – This bet is on the shooter rolling a 2+2, 3+3, 4+4 or 5+5 double to 7 or the same number of points in another combination. 3+3 or 4+4 is 9:1; 2+2 or 5+5 is 7:1.
- The high 6 is a bet that a 6 will come before a 7. It pays 1:1.
- The high 8 is a bet that an 8 will fall to a 7. It pays 1:1.
- Field – There is a field – This bet is made at any point in the game and wins if a 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12 falls on the next roll. It pays as follows: on 3, 4, 9, 10 or 11, it is 1:1; on 2 or 12, it is 2:1.
- Any Craps (C) – This bet will win if the next roll is a 2, 3, or 12. It pays 7:1.
- Craps 2 – That bet wins if the next drawing is 2, 30:1.
- Craps Twelve – These bets win if the next cokado twelve draw is 12. Pays 30:1.
- Craps Three – So this bet wins if the next Cockatrice Three draw is 3. It pays 15:1.
- Any seven is a straight bet that the hand will score 7 points in the next draw. The bet is 4:1.
- Eleven (E) is the wager that the shooter rolls 11. The wager is 15:1.
Craps – Methods and Strategy
The best bets for the player in terms of casino advantage are Pass Line, Don’t Pass Line Odds, Come Odds, Don’t Come Odds, but they can only be placed with existing Pass Line, Don’t Pass Line, Come, Don’t Come Odds bets, but they can only be placed with existing Pass Line, Don’t Pass Line, Come, Don’t Come bets. The combination of these types of bets is the ultimate craps strategy.