Craps odds of winning: discover the probabillities
Craps is a popular dice game that allows you to win money using multiple bets and different betting strategies. Each bet type in the game its own payouts and different probability to get a prize. This guide will explain craps odds of winning and tell you about side bets that you can make.
True craps odds of winning and payout rate
Craps dice odds and payouts depend on the bet you make:
- Pass Line/Come. The probability to get a win is 49.29%. This bet has 1.41% house edge and pays even money.
- Don’t Pass/Don’t Come. If you presume that the shooter will lose, you’ll be able to win even money with 49.93% probability. The house edge is 1.36%.
- Field Bet. Craps odds of winning for this wager type depends on the number the dice shows. For 2 and 12 it’s 2.77%, while the payouts are 2 to 1 and 3 to 1. For 3, 4, 9, 10 and 11 the probability is 3.88%. in this case you’ll get even money. The house edge for Field Bet is 2.78%.
- Big 6/8. This wager has 13.89% winning probability. It pays even money and has 2.78% house edge.
- Place bet. Craps game odds here depend on the numbers you choose. The probability is 13.89% for 6 and 8, 11.11% for 5 and 9, 8.33% for 4 and 10. The payouts are 7 to 6, 7 to 5 and 9 to 5, while the house edge is 0.46%, 1.11% and 1.67%.
- Don’t Place. This is an opposite to Place Bet wager type. It has 16.67% probability for all the numbers. For 6 and 8 the payouts is 4 to 5 with 0.56% house edge. Numbers 5 and 9 pay 5 to 8 and have 0.69% house edge. For 4 and 10 the reward is 5 to 11, while the house edge is 0.76%.
- Buy (commission is always payed). Buy bets have 13.89%, 11.11% and 8.33% winning probabilities for 6/8, 5/9 and 4/10. The prize is 23 to 21, 29 to 21 and 39 to 21 with 1.46%, 1.32% and 1.19% house edge.
- Lay (commission is always paid). This bet is opposite to Buy. Craps odds of winning are the same for all the numbers – 16.67%. The reward is 19 to 25 for 6/8, 19 to 31 for 5/9 and 19 to 31 for 4/10. The house edge is 1.22%, 0.9% and 0.61%.
- Any Seven. This bet has a 16.67% winning probability, the same house edge and 4 to1 prize.
- Any Craps. The odds for this wager type and the house edge both are 11.11%. It pays 7 to 1.
- Hard 6/8. Having 2.78% winning probability this bet pays 9 to 1 and has 2.78% house edge.
- Hard 4/10. This Hard bet pays 7 to 1 and has 2.78% house edge and winning probability.
- Easy Hop Bets. With 15 to 1 payouts and 5.56% winning probability this wager type has 11.11% house edge.
- Hard Hop Bet. This is the most high-paying bet in the game. It has 30 to 1 prize, 2.78% odds to win and 13.89% house edge.
The best thing about craps game is that you can combine different bet types to cover possible losses and get the best payouts. You can find lots of strategies that are used to improve your winning probability and decrease house edge.
What do craps odds of winning 3 4 5 mean?
In craps there is a possibility to make side bets up to x100 depending on casino rules. The 3 4 5 is only the scheme that gambling sites use to set the rules for side bets. It means that the maximum odds bet size depending on current Point is:
- x3 for 4/10;
- x4 for 5/9;
- x5 for 6/8.
The payouts are 2 to 1, 3 to 2 and 6 to 5 for 4/10, 5/9 and 6/8 if you take odds and 1 to 2, 2 to 3 and 5 to 6 in case you lay odds. Side bets allow you to significantly reduce your house edge. For 3 4 5 scheme it’ll be 0.374%. In case the casino allows x100 odds, the house edge will be 0.021%.